hereR package provides an interface to the HERE REST APIs for R:
(1) geocode and autocomplete addresses or reverse geocode POIs using the Geocoder API;
(2) route directions, travel distance or time matrices and isolines using the Routing API;
(3) request real-time traffic flow and incident information from the Traffic API;
(4) find public transport connections and nearby stations using the Public Transit API;
(5) get weather forecasts, reports on current weather conditions and astronomical information at a specific location from the Destination Weather API.
Locations, routes and isolines are returned as
Install the released version from CRAN with:
Install the development version from GitHub with:
This package requires an API key for a HERE project. The key is set for the current R session and is used to authenticate in the requests to the APIs. A free login and project can be created on developer.here.com. In order to obtain the API key navigate to a project of your choice in the developer portal, select ‘REST: Generate APP’ and then ‘Create API Key’.
To set the API key, please use:
Once valid application credentials are created and the key is set in the R session, the APIs can be addressed using the functions shown in the following examples. A more detailed description can be found in the documentation of the functions and the package vignettes.
Geocoder API: Autocomplete and geocode addresses or reverse geocode POIs.
geocode(c("Schweighofstrasse 190, Zurich, Switzerland", "Hardstrasse 48, Zurich, Switzerland")) autocomplete(c("Schweighofstrasse", "Hardstrasse")) reverse_geocode(poi)
Routing API: Construct a route, create a route matrix or request an isochrone around points.
route(poi[1:2, ], poi[3:4, ], mode = "car") route_matrix(poi, mode = "car") isoline(poi, rangetype = "time", mode = "car")
Traffic API: Get real-time traffic flow or incidents in a specific area.
Public Transit API: Request public transport connections between points or find stations nearby.
Destination Weather API: Request weather observations, forecasts, astronomical information or alerts at specific locations.